Replicator for IBM Notes®
Please read the basic notes for setting up a replicator on the Replicator Wizard page.
Procedure for adding a Replicator
- Select the type of data source
Select the IBM Notes® database type.
- Define login information to access the datasource
- Settings for the data source (selection of the server, the data structure that should be imported and so forth)
Enter the name of the IBM® Domino server here. Use the Search Server option to list all available Domino servers.
Enter the name of the IBM® Domino server here. All available databases will be listed.
Enter the name of the view folder, where the Notes records that should be used will be displayed. You will see all view folders contained in the selected database in the list. Contacts is the default view folder.
Specify the name of the form where the entries should be displayed. You will see all of the forms contained in the selected database in the list. Contact is the default form for contacts.
- Field assignment: which source fields should be copied to which LDAP fields
- Configuring Contact URL links
Use the Notes URL handler "notes://servername/names.nsf/People/<EntryID>?OpenDocument"
Enter the name of the server, the database and the view here.
- Datasource location settings
- Schedule replication plan
- Defining additional applications to be started
- Assigning a name to the new replicator
IBM Notes® user authentication is carried out using a special DLL, which has been copied into the IBM Notes® directory. During replicator configuration, the nextpwd.dll is copied into the IBM Notes® directory. The user setting up the replicator is authorized to write into the IBM Notes® installation directory. The DLL is copied automatically and without any user action. If there are any problems accessing IBM Notes®, please check whether nextpwd.dll was copied.
No special authorization is required for replicating IBM Notes®. However, the IBM Notes® user must have access privileges for the data to be replicated.