Configure Microsoft Lync Client
The Microsoft Lync Client establishes a connection with the estos CallControlGateway via the Lync Server. For every Lync Client user the remote call control has to be configured.
The following information is required for every user
- Line Server URI of estos CallControlGateway
The Line Server URI of the estos CallControlGateway has to match the configured URI in the Lync. See also Configure Lync Server 2010.
- Line URI of the user's telephone
The Line URI of the user's phone has to match the telephone number of a line in the line configuration. This can be, e.g. tel.:+ 49815136856177 or tel:177.
Activate the telephone integration
To be able to use the remote call-contol, the user has to be configured.
User configuration in the Lync Server 2010 Control Panel
- Start Lync Server 2010 Control Panel.
- Click Search under Users to configure one or more users.
- Select the Remote Call Control setting under Telephony.
- Enter the Line URI of the phone. This can be, e.g. tel.:+ 49815136856177 or tel:177.
- Enter the Line Server URI of the estos CallControlGateway. This can be, e.g. sip:email@example.com
Alternative user configuration on a single workplace
You can also configure remote call control for a user directly at their workplace. In this case, authorization by the user must have been activated in estos CallControlGateway..
- Activate remote call control
To activate the telephone integration feature in the Lync client, a registry key must have been set, so that the settings can be edited manually. Set the value of the TelephonyMode key (REG_DWORD) under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator to 2 (Remote Call Control and PC-to-PC). If this registry key does not exist, create it as a New key.
This key can also be set using a group policy.
After the Lync client has been restarted, open the Options dialog from the Tools menu.
- Switch on remote call control
On the tab telephones the phone integration can be activated.
- Configure telephone integration
Choose 'Manual configuration' and click on 'Configure'.
Enter the SIP URI of the estos CallControlGateway in the Remote Control URI (sip). This may be, for example,sip:firstname.lastname@example.org .
Enter in the field Phone URI (tel) the TEL URI of the telephone. This may be, for example, tel:+49815136856177 or tel:177.
- Log off and log on again
The changed setting takes effect when you log off and then log on again.